Customer Service & Customer Care Training
Course – StepOne Global Course Agenda
Why is Customer Service such an important factor in our increasingly technological world?
It is essential that all employees represent their organization in a professional and friendly
way. Clear and effective communication is essential to ensure that the business is not lost. If
your staff are not trained properly on handling your important customers; how much
business are they putting at risk?
Every customer using your organization should receive a positive and seamless service that
is professional, efficient and responsive. Customers who are handled well will notice the
good service, bring more business and hopefully build a long term relationship with you.
Customers who are not handled well may damage your reputation and take their business
to the competition.
If you or your staff have to deal with customers both face to face or over the telephone then
effective Customer Care training is essential in enabling you to develop a Customer Caring
or ‘Customers First’ attitude to delivering service effectively and consistently. Total Success
run a one-day Customer Service and Customer Care course for those wishing to learn tips
and techniques on how to handle difficult customers on the telephone and and a one-day
Course on dealing with difficult customers.
For those whose customer service training requires tips and techniques in both telephone
and face to face skills in handling difficult customers (such as rude, angry or aggressive
customers) as part of their daily duties we also provide a Customer Service and Customer
Care training course that deals with these types of customer. It also covers handling
customer complaints; tips for retaining customers and how to diffuse customer conflict
quickly and efficiently.
Who will benefit from the course?
This course will ensure your staff always projects the correct image to your potential
customers and clients to make your company stand out from the crowd. It is designed for
anyone who has both face to face and telephone contact with customers and is written with
both the customer and the organization in mind to maximize service and customer care.
Customer Service and Customer Care Course Agenda
Morning 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon 2.00-5.00
Customer Service Essentials
Delegates will examine the factors that make up excellent customer service and how these
are important for effective communication and client satisfaction. These will include:
- Positive body language for service professionals
- Creating great first impressions when meeting and greeting
- The importance of dress
- Using appropriate language
- How to control and influence through effective communication
Professional telephone tips
The telephone is the most used business communication tool. Understanding the power and
the pitfalls of telephone communications enables the telephone professional to be
perceived as both confident and competent. Topics covered in this session will include:
- Understand the techniques of answering the phone effectively
- How to build rapport with clients
- Capturing information correctly
- How voice presentation skills can enhance the conversation
- How to create good first impressions and how to control the call
Positive under pressure
Maintaining a positive approach to client contact is essential for service professionals. We
will show ways of keeping a confident attitude and approach at all times.
Managing Client Perceptions
“Our realities are merely the perceptions we place around our experiences”. Understanding
client perceptions is the ‘key’ to ensuring excellent client service and a real focus on the
wants and needs of the client. We will examine many situations relevant to the organization
and look at ways of reinforcing or changing the client’s perception of your organization as
being one of ‘the best’.
Essential time management and organization
One of the essentials for increased productivity is organization. We will show effective time
management tips and techniques and how each person can achieve more in an average day.
Communication skills for difficult clients
Dealing with assertive, angry and talkative clients requires different strategies and
techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle difficult situations and maintain control in a
calm and professional manner.
- Recognizing the verbal and visual signs of conflict
- Understanding the causes of conflict, stress and aggression
- How to diffuse conflict verbally
- How to avoid escalating conflict
- How to manage very difficult behavior
Proposed methods of training will include:
- All sessions will be trainer facilitated to maximize on delegate participation
- Role-play (using video/audio feedback depending on group size).
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group discussion and workshops.
- Delegates will produce an action plan of skills, techniques and strategies that can be
used by their managers for future training and counseling
Course Close 5.00
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice
the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including
role-play and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose StepOne Global for your training?
- Our lead trainers have over 15years experience in training
- A maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- We guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
Job Placement, Professional Resume Making, Job Interview Coaching
Public Speaking, Leadership Seminar, Team Building, Sales and Marketing Training
English Speaking, Presentation Skills